In a park, a boat is initially stayed beside
the pier by a rope of length L at point A (the rope is loose). The the
wind blows the boat to point B (the rope is straight and tout). The
to pull the boat to the end of the pier (point C) to load people. A big
stone is located at point D. The worker walks along the pier from point
point C and pulls the rowboat by the rope with him. During the pulling,
the man keeps the rope straight and tout.
What is known:
- The length of the rope is L = 20 m.
- The distance from A to C is S = 50 m.
- The stone located at point D which is 5 m from the pier and
25 m from the bridge.
- Neglect the size of the stone and the rowboat.
- Rope is not pulled in until the man reaches the end of the pier.