Click to view movie (68 kB)
Minnie volunteers to help the new semester welcoming party. Her job is to fill the balloons with helium from a supply line. The balloons have some limitations that she needs to consider when she fills them.
What is known:
- The supply line of helium has a pressure of 120 kPa and a temperature of 25 oC.
- Mass flow rate from the supply line is 0.01 kg/s.
- The elasticity of the balloon material is such that the pressure inside varies with volume according to the relation P = 10 V, where P is the absolute pressure in the balloon (kPa) and V is the volume of the balloon (m3).
- The highest temperature the balloon material can withstand is 50 oC.
- A cooling system is used to cool the balloon during the filling process. 6 kJ of heat is taken away by the cooling system per second.